Islamic Sunday School
Welcome 1st Graders!
Assalamo alaikum wa rahmat ullahi wa barakatuhu. My name is Sahar El-Masri. Alhamdulillah, I am very happy that I have started my eighth year as a teacher here at Islamic Sunday School. I look forward to sharing this year with your child, Insha Allah.
However, since Sunday school is held only once a week, I would like to emphasize the importance of the parents’ help in order for me to succeed in teaching the students. I cannot successfully teach your child without your support and partnership. I believe the best, productive learning environment is one where the parents and the teacher work hand in hand. For this reason, I will be in constant contact with you, the parents, Insha Allah, making sure your child is doing well and learning properly.
Our curriculum for this year is as follows:
· Memorization 5 short surahs , Al-Fatihah , Al-Humazah, Al-Asr, Al-Kafirun, Al-Kawthar (Study these surahs in detail)
· Short Surahs( Textbook, Workbook)Volume 1
· ( GoodWord) Arabic Writing #1
· (Good Word) Arabic Writing #2
· Al-Qaidah Al-Nurania Book
3. Islamic Studies
· I Love Islam(Textbook and Workbook) Vol1
· Prayers for Muslim Children.
Through I will follow the curriculum as I can, materials may be adjusted during the year to fit the needs of students.
Our Schedule will be the following:
10:00a.m-10:10a.m Assembly (please try to arrive before 10:00a.m)
10:15a.m- 10:25a.m Duaa
10:25a.m- 11:15a.m. (Qur’aan, Arabic, or Islamic Studies)
11:15a.m. – 12:00a.m. (Qur’aan, Arabic, or Islamic Studies)
12:00p.m. – 12:30p.m. Lunch and recess (Lunch consists of 2 slices of cheese pizza.
Please feel free to send any extra snacks, drink and bottle of water with your child if he/she needs it).
12:30p.m. – 1:45p.m. (Qur’aan, Arabic, or Islamic Studies)
1:45 pm. – 2:00pm. Wudu’
2:00p.m. – 2:15p.m. Prayer for Ad-Duhur
2:15p.m. -2:30p.m. Dismissal (pick up your child from Classroom)
What you should expect from me
· I will be sending a lesson plan or newsletters for my class (1st grade B) every week.
· Students will be graded weekly based on their participation, quizzes, and tests
(oral/written) I take in class.
· Please let me know if you ever have questions or concerns. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
What I Expect from Students and the Rules of our Classroom:
· Students should respect everyone in the Masjid, they should respect school property, and they should follow directions. Please keep in mind that we are using the classroom of the Islamic Schools of Irving.
· The dress code will be enforced by all. For girls, hijab that completely covers all the hair is required and either an abaya or long skirt and long sleeve shirt. Pants and tight-fitting shirts are not acceptable. Boys must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves (no shorts are allowed).
· Homework is due the next Sunday.
· I will give Insha Allah, points/prizes for good behavior and participation in the class.
· Please let me know if your child has any allergies.
· I ask that each student bring the following supplies:
ü Pencil case with the student’s name on it. This will contain all the student’s supplies.
ü Coloring pencil or crayons
ü Pencil sharpeners and erasers
ü 1 Subject Notebook, wide ruled
ü 3 folders
ü Tissue box, paper towel
Insha Allah, I am looking forward to teaching again this year at ICI Sunday School. I would like for the students to be present regularly and to be prepared to learn so that they will be benefitted and will be able to apply in daily life. I look forward to having a great year Insha-Allah.